Senegal BSC and BESC ( Cargo Tracking Note and Electronic Cargo Tracking Note )
Senegal(BSC), West Africa’s part of the biggest country; Shipping and Marine traffic’s really huge for the other African countries.
Cargo Tracking Note part of Senegal’s Port Authority process and Custom Clearance. This system called as an application of BSC and BESC.
|Get Urgent Quote|
We explained what these abbreviations mean, short inspect of them;
BSC stands for Bordereau de Suivi de Cargaison
BESC stands for Bordereau Électronique de Suivi de Cargaisonis
For the details about BSC and BESC Certificates, you can find your answers in our article of What is CTN?
Why Would You Need to Obtain a Senegal BSC Certificate?
BSC Certificate Senegal is mandatory and the Port Authority of Senegal released the law about this issue.
What is the BSC Cost for Senegal?
Cost of the Certification always depends on your goods. 20 TEU or 40 TEU Containers always game-changer of the cost.
Inspection of Pre Shipment
Senegal requires that Pre-Shipment Inspection [PSI] – Déclaration Préalable d’Importation [DPI] – is completed
for all imports into the nation. This activity is attempted in the port of burden nation with the end goal of Customs
freedom of the merchandise.
PSI is overseen by Cotecna Inspection S.A and Modelsis Senegal SARL
Which Documents Really Necessary for the Senegal BSC Certificate?
Final invoice [showing FOB value, freight and ancillary charges, as well as any advance payment (if applicable).]
- DPI (Declaration Provisoire D’importation) issued for all shipment with a total FOB value between CFA 1000.000 and CFA 2.999.999
- A.V. (Attestation de Vérification) issued for all shipment with a total FOB value exceeding CFA 3000.000.
This value makes it compulsory to have the goods inspected at the port of loading by the Cotecna office.
Two kinds of inspection can be done: Physical and or documentary (depending on the sole decision of Cotecna office). Issued for all FCL containers with a total value exceeding CFA 3000.000 Document required: Commercial invoice, Bill of lading, packing list.
- ARA (Avis de Refus d’Attestation) issued for inconsistencies including quantity, eligibility, and/or quality and
Exempted Items of PSI Process
- Shipments with a FOB value under XOF 3,000,000
- Gold, precious stones, objects of art
- Used personal and household effects
- Explosive and pyrotechnic products
- Live animals
- Meat, fish, perishable vegetables and fruits neither frozen nor deep-frozen [including chicken].
- Plants and flowers
- Cinematographic films
- Newspapers and periodicals, postal and fiscal stamps, stamped paper, banknotes, checkbooks
- Postal parcels and samples
- Commercial samples
- Donations offered to the government, public administrations and NGOs
- Imports by export free zone companies or assimilated
- Goods imported by certain importers which have a special exemption authorization from the government
(check with Liaison Office)
Prohibited Items for Senegal
- Carrots: From 02/01/2016, the Senegalese Government has banned carrot importations.
- The ban on onion imports have been lifted effective 25/08/14. [Previously in order to promote local onions production, Senegalese government has decided in their Circular Letter #45 of 01/02/13 to temporarily ban onions import as from 10/02/13 until 31/08/13.] All official notice appears as an Appendix.
- Drugs and narcotics
- Weapons and war ammunition except collector’s items
- Pornographic publications
In order to fight against a possible bird flu pandemic, the import of goods falling under the HS chapter code 02.07 are prohibited
- From 1st of March, 2011, filament lamp:
HS codes concerned by prohibition:
> 85.39.10.00. 00 (exception of those which are directly imbedded in vehicles)
- HS code not concerned by prohibition: 85.39. 21.00.00 (Halogen lamps)
- Tomato paste
- Meat and poultry products: must be covered by a phytosanitary certificate including a Dioxin Free Certificate.
Need a BSC Certificate?
Looking out the BSC Certificate for Senegal? We provide the BESC and BSC Certificate within 2 days. Don’t waste your time with 1-week delivery words. Contact us for more details.
NOTE: Senegal customs has a single box office. In other words, import declarations and export declarations are made on the same platform. The certificate we issued on your behalf and the declaration we make are compared with the Orbus declaration made by your importer.